Local Attractions in Matlock
There's plenty to do come rain or shine in this beautiful part of the country:
- Gulliver's Kingdom - With over 65 rides, attractions and shows to see each day, Gullivers Kingdom guarantees you a great value day out.
- Heights of Abraham & The Masson Caves - Country park and caverns set in 60 acres of woodland and reached by cable car over deep limestone gorge.
- Matlock Bath - You can get a lot from a visit to Matlock Bath. It is one of the most scenicly beautiful Places in the whole of Derbyshire.
- The Peak Rail - Peak Rail welcomes you to journey back to a bygone age and experience the thrill of steam and diesel on our preserved railway.
- Cromford Mill & Canal - Cromford Mill was the first water-powered cotton spinning mill developed by Richard Arkwright in 1771 in Cromford, Derbyshire.
- Matlock - Matlock, the county town of Derbyshire, is a former Peak District spa town situated on the River Derwent.
- The Derwent River
All located within 2 miles so can be reached by car or foot if you don't fancy the car park queue!
Alternatively Bakewell, with it's famous Bakewell Pudding, Haddon Hall, The Peak Distict, Buxton and Monsal Head and the Tissington Trail are all a short car journey away.
Why not take a look over some of the other attractions in the area:
- Chatsworth House - Bakewell's "jewel of the peak district" - a historic beautiful home to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire.
- Chococolate Art - Surrounded by the stunning views of Matlock in Derbyshire, chocolate wedding cakes are designed, crafted and created by hand.
- Garden Farm - A beautiful setting for wedding receptions and anniversary parties, they are a beautiful mixed livestock farm setting near Matlock, Derbyshire.
If you planning a full day out and require a packed lunch, this is something we offer for small charge. You can also hire a back pack from us (a small deposit will be required).