If you're struggling to find your way around the site or specific information, please use this simple sitemap with internal links that will guide you to the relevant page.
Terms & Conditions for The Gables
- 1. To book your stay with us, please contact us via phone or e-mail to check availability. Please state the duration of your stay, and the number of people. If you have a preference to which room you wish to stay in then please state this at the time of booking to avoid any disappointment.
- 2. To confirm your booking a deposit of 50% of the total fee is required. Please see term 5 below regarding refunds of deposit based on our cancellation policy. Deposit may be made by either credit/debit card (please note surcharges may be applicable) or by cash. Unfortunately we do not accept American Express. Cheques will only be accepted if the booking is made 2 weeks prior to your stay, upon which we ask that the cheque is posted immediately allowing time for it to clear. Please note the booking will not be confirmed until the cheque has been cleared in our account. A receipt and confirmation letter/ email will be posted to you within 7 days from the date of booking. If you wish to make payment by bank transfer then please contact us by phone and we will provide the details.
- 3. If you are booking within less than 7 days we ask for full payment to be made to secure the booking.
- 4. The balance is due upon your departure either by credit/debit cards or cash. We apologise but no cheques will be accepted for the balance.
- 5. If you wish to cancel your booking, then we need to be informed immediately. Your deposit will be refunded if the cancellation is made at least 7 days in advance of your arrival date. However, if the cancellation is made less than 7 days before arrival no refund will be made. Refunds will be considered if cancellations are made less than 7 days before arrival, but these are at our discretion.
- 6. We will acknowledge receipt of your cancellation by return. Please do not consider your booking cancelled until you receive our confirmation, or confirmation from the website you used to book.
- 7. If we have to cancel your booking due to unforeseen circumstances we will attempt to find alternative accommodation. If this was not possible or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you.
- 8. In the case of a ‘No Show ‘the total cost of your stay will be charged.
- 9. Your accommodation will be ready for you from 3.00pm onwards on the day of the arrival. If you plan to arrive after 8.00pm, or require an earlier check in time please notify us.
- 10. Please be ready to depart by 10.30am, unless otherwise arranged.
- 11. Upon your arrival you will be handed your room key, which we ask you to return on the day of your departure with final payment of your balance. If a key should be lost, there will be an additional charge of £5 added to your bill.
- 12. There is ample parking available at The Gables. We therefore ask that you use the front drive of the house to un-load your luggage before parking your car in the car park below. The front drive is reserved for disabled/ elderly guests. Guests are advised that parking is entirely at your own risk and we do not accept any liability for guest vehicles or contents.
- 13. Should any breakages/ damage occur during your stay we ask that you report this as soon as possible and a charge may be applied for the replacement/ repair.
- 14. The Gables offers a strict no-smoking policy throughout the building, please respect this.
- 15. NO PETS are allowed on the premises.
- 16. We wish all guests an enjoyable stay, so we ask that you please be aware of other guests staying at The Gables by keeping the noise to an acceptable level. If you have children with you please do not leave them unattended at any time.